Member of the Board of Directors
Mr. Al-Khatib is the Executive Director of Aswaq since the beginning of 2016, which leads Palestine Investment Fund (PIF)’s strategic investments in listed Palestinian companies. Mr. Al Khatib has more than 15 years of senior working experience in capital market investments which covers a wide range of economic sectors such as: commercial, Islamic banking, telecommunications, light and agro industries.
His current position includes among other responsibilities representing PIF in the Board of Directors of several leading Palestinian companies such as:
- Siniora Food Industries (Board Member).
- Arab Islamic Bank (Board Member).
- Arab specialized Medical Complex ASMCC (Board Member
- Sanad for Construction Resources (Board Member).
- Birzeit Pharmaceutical Company (Board Member).
- Ibn Sina Specialist Hospital (Chairman).
- The Arab Hotels Company (Chairman).
- Ooredoo (Board Member).
- National Aluminum and Profiles Company (Board Member).
- Jerusalem District electricity Jedco (Board Member).
- Palestine Industrial Investment Co. (Board Member).
- Grand Park Hotel (Chairman).
Prior to his current post; Mr. Al-Khatib served as a portfolio manager at PIF five years. His capacities included leading PIF major investment portfolios, thus supporting PIF in achieving one of its primary goals of empowering the investment infrastructure and investment climate in Palestine.
Mr. Al-Khatib was born in 1976, he holds a master’s degree in Finance and Investments from the University of Sydney, Australia, and a bachelor’s degree in Financial Management from the University of Arab academy of Science and Technology in Egypt, Cairo. he is married and father of three children.